Cecilia’s Corner hosted this beauty award and giveaway on her blog and I was nominated by Anna but unfortunately was too busy to get around to this before the deadline. I thought this would be fun to answer anyway so here are my answers! If you’re into beauty, let me know what some of your answers are!
1. Where does your makeup inspiration come from?
My makeup ‘style’ doesn’t vary often, though the products might. I would say my inspiration comes from Pinterest, other bloggers, and especially YouTube gurus that I follow.
2. What are 3 of your makeup Holy Grail products you cannot live without?
-Waterproof mascara – my holy grail (an old Max Factor mascara) got discontinued in the US so unfortunately I don’t have a sell-my-soul-for mascara but I absolutely need waterproof formulas to keep my stick straight lashes curled all day.
-Lip balm. I know, how boring. Does this even count as makeup? I can’t live without keeping my lips moisturized because my lips are naturally on the dry side regardless of how much water I drink. It’s so uncomfortable to have chapped lips, particularly during the cold months in the PNW.
-Anastasia Beverly Hills Perfect Brow Pencil. I don’t have thick brows at all so filling them in a little to form some sort of arch (working on that…but my brows are stubborn) is a vital part of my routine. I don’t like crazy bold brows for myself but to have them clean and groomed is important.
3. What is your makeup signature look which you have on most of the time?
Something glowy on the cheeks, softly defined brows, black liner on the top lid, waterproof mascara, and if I wear eyeshadow – almost always neutrals. I’m a sucker for taupe.
4. Let us know your favorite makeup brands?
MAC, benefit, NYX, Maybelline (best drugstore mascaras I can find), and a little bit of everything else :)
5. Your ultimate makeup pet peeve?
Sharpie eyebrows. I don’t think I need to expand on this one.
6. You’ve heard about all the hype on this makeup item, bought it, tried it and don’t understand what all the fuss is about…Name that product!
Color correcting primers. 1) It doesn’t color correct. 2) Doesn’t prolong the wear of makeup at all. Just an extra step that looks weird on the skin. (Specifically L’Oreal Studio Secrets)
7. Concealer OR foundation ONLY for the rest of your life. Choose one and tell us the reason!
Foundation! A good foundation can make a huge difference in your overall appearance and can be doubled up as a concealer. Easy!